2M started to be produced in 1965, in Maputo.
It is one of the brands that is part of the mainstream category and is currently the number one beer at CDM.
Well recognized throughout the country, it is an easy-to-drink, light and refreshing beer that unleashes the vibrant Mozambican spirit in all people and at all times.
- “2M” is a tribute to former French President Marie Edmé Patrice Maurice, Count of Mac Mahon
- Winner at the African Beer Awards 2015, in the category of light beers with ABV below 5%.
- Voted Best Beer in Africa, with the title of Grand Champion Beer, at the African Beer Awards.
- Beer is also sold in South Africa, Portugal and England (in partnership with the Nandos restaurant).
- It is the brand that sponsors major events, festivals and which organizes the Beach Soccer Cup every year.